- Preheat oven to 175° C (350° F).
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, nuts, dates and cranberries. Break the dates up with your hands if they are sticking together and coat them with the oat mixture.
- In a medium saucepan, simmer together the butter with the remaining ingredients until well blended, using a whisk.
- Pour over the oat mixture and blend well.
- Let the mixture sit for 10-15 minutes to moisten all ingredients.
- Line a baking pan with a baking sheet. Pour the granola mixture into the pan.
- Press firmly into an even layer, making sure to press all the way into the corners.
- Bake until golden brown for 25-35 minutes. The centre should be firm.
- Remove from oven and let cool at room temperatiure.
- Break into large clusters.
- Store in an airtight container for on-the-go snacking.
Serve over yogourt with fruit or eat by the handful as a snack.